1) Looking at job stats, the US department of labour estimates there will be a 11% rise of accountants in the US between 2014-2024. Amazing considering there were 1,332,700 registered accountants in 2014!
2) In the money - accountants received an average bonus of 12% in the UK last year. 4% higher than last years average of 8%!
3) Accountants have the potential to earn from £26,000- £50,000 onwards. Within the first two years a chartered accountant can earn up to £47,900 plus bonuses. The average business accountant in Britain earns a very impressive £90,800.
4) On the up! In the last recorded data, net profit margins for the average company in the accounting category rose to 22 percent in 2015, up from 18 percent in 2014.
5) A new report by Sageworks found the average private company providing services ranging from either accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, or payroll increased their sales by a 12% annual rate in 2015, a higher growth rate than private companies overall!
6) There are more than 2,000,000 accountants on the planet. Yet, with less than 1% of the population, the UK makes up 13% of the world's accountants!
7) Did you know? The likes of Mike Jagger, Eddie Izzard and JP Morgan were all accountants. Could you be next on the hall of fame?